Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Developing Devoted Followers


We just heard a really inspiring talk from Larry Anderson at our Tuesday All Staff Lunch--I wish you could have all heard it. I was scribbling notes on the back of Christina's Sunday School paper as fast as I could. Larry reiterated our purpose statement once again:

Developing devoted followers of Christ who glorify God and expand His kingdom.

He emphasized that we are to be people who look like Jesus and give ourselves away (I think we did that last Sunday). Also, our church should be more about who we're trying to reach than who we're trying to keep. It's not about church growth, it's about kingdom growth.

I don't know about you but these statements are very powerful to me. They remind me that Christ and his kingdom are always more important than anything else we may elevate in our lives. Since most people come to church through a personal invitation we need to keep inviting friends, relatives and neighbors. Their salvation is more important than our attendance numbers. Are you a devoted follower? Let's do our part to glorify god and expand His kingdom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home