Thursday, December 21, 2006

The Saga of the Church Paint Color Continues

Ed Willmington eat your heart out

It seems not everyone is as excited about our new SBC ASU worship center as Dick Shott. We've recently spied a fairly large and important-looking posse moving about the exterior of the building with serious looks on their faces. Is the pillar color too cool for the warm gold? I couldn't hear the rest the conversation but I'm hoping this was followed by a voice of reason yelling, "What about all the starving children in Africa?" Just my opinion, but I think we should be more worried about reaching the lost than paint shades. Btw, sad news. These beautiful poinsettias are history after last night's 28 degree chill. Boo hoo. They were even covered.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the new paint colors! It signals the excitment of the future completed campus to come. The church will be reaching a selection of a new Senior Pastor, soon we hope, so why not be excited about the new transformation all around? We give praise!!!

8:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't stand the new paint colors. It looks exactly like a commercial development over by the Desert Ridge Shopping Area. With the church running an almost $1 million deficit in giving, we needed to paint (and in bizarre colors)? Seems like a waste of money.

1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the new colors look just like ketchup and mustard. I wish they had discussed it with a designer before they did it. I do think it looks like a commercial building, not a church. It is way too harsh!

6:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll bet the same person who chose the font colors for Kormos chose the paint colors for the church. :)

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home