Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Betty's Letter

Here's Betty's letter to the choir and orchestra written on November 1, 2006.

Thank you for all your cards, phone calls and mostly for the prayers. I have never been involved in a group that showed such strong emotional support for anyone. I am at home as of last night. My surgery was easy..I wasn't there!! I remember going into the operating room singing "His Life for mine..How could it ever be? That He would die, God's son would die, to save a wretch like me." I don't know if I was singing out loud or only in my head but I know my surgeon said it was the first time he had been serenaded!!

I would not have lasted past a few months; my valve was deformed and almost completely calcified and I didn't know it. I am now part "pig" but watch the jokes. Other than going very slowly for the next couple of weeks and having to really watch medication and food, I have been given another chance at life. Perhaps I can be a stronger, more positive example for those around me in my second life.

The surgeon, Dr. Mike Caskey, and his staff were awesome.I prayed incessantly for wisdom and great skill for all of them and my prayers were answered. I was home in 5 days. The hospital experience was something else; I don't get the drugs and medications thing and never will. I was bouncing off the walls for 2 days before I told them I couldn't do that anymore. One night I was up most all night driving everyone nuts I am sure; one night I watched "The Life of Christ" on tv until 1 am (why don't they ever put those on at earlier hours?).

I will hopefully get to practice next week, then onward and upward. My clients have been great and so far I still have a business when I recover. If you would ever like to see what we do, the year-end finale show is the week before Thanksgiving at WestWorld. There will be Grand Prix. Sorry, I won't ride--but it's free and fun!

Thanks for your ongoing support and fellowship.

In His Name,
Betty Beran

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home