Friday, January 26, 2007

GOING SOLO with KAREN SCHRECK, Concertmaster


Editor's Note: Karen played professionally for many years as the concertmaster of the Civic Orchestra of Chicago, the Lake Forest Symphony and the American Chamber Symphony. She performs on a violin that was her grandfather's--the very person who first taught her at the age of 5.

I've been in the SBC Orchestra for: 18 ½ years

My instruments are: violin, piano and viola

If I hadn't chosen the violin, I probably would have played the: piano

Most people have no idea that I: played in an orchestra that did a short tour with George Benson

My favorite worship or praise song is: I really have three--He The Pearly Gates Will Open, All The Way My Savior Leads Me, and Daily Grace by Ed Willmington

My perfect pizza is topped with: Veggies

My family consists of: husband Wayne, daughter Dierdre and her husband Ben, and our son also named Ben

My life verse is: Habakkuk 3: 17 -19 "Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior. The Sovereign LORD is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights. For the director of music. On my stringed instruments." NIV

I've lived in AZ for: 18 ½ years

I was born in: Illinois

I drink my coffee/tea: with cream

My favorite kind of music: classical and jazz

I almost gave up playing the violin when: I NEVER almost gave up the violin! (Karen has a B.A. in Violin Performance from the University of Illinois)

My profession: Wife, mom, friend and violinist

An unfulfilled dream of mine is to: I don't really have a dream, however my life goal and prayer is that I would moment by moment and day by day be obedient and faithful to whatever God asks of me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home