Sunday, March 04, 2007

GOING SOLO with Dr. Greg Crow, Trombone



I’ve been in the SBC Orchestra for: I'm not sure to be honest. I may have started in '86 and took a "sabbatical" I'm guessing from Fall of '98 to Fall of '02. That would mean I'm in my 17th year of playing. I enjoy it so much I don't think I have ever had a thought about the time spent.

My instruments are: I have been truly blessed to have had the opportunity to learn Tuba and Trumpet in the SBC orchestra. Where else could I have done that??? I'm back to my native Trombone this year. There were 8, count 'em, 8 Trumpet players and only a couple of "Bones" last fall when I offered to switch instruments. I'm really having a great time in the Bone section now and I've enjoyed the comraderie everywhere I've been.

If I hadn’t chosen the trombone/trumpet, I probably would have played the: French Horn

Most people have no idea that I: Have been into motorcycles

My favorite worship or praise song is: You Are My All in All

My perfect pizza is topped with: lots of meat, especially pepperoni

My family consists of: Wife Gail (as in the Clarinet section!), three children: Sarah (27), David (25) and Amy (23) and one Grandchild, Aliester (4)

My life verse is: Proverbs 9:10 has always been very important to me: "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding."

I’ve lived in AZ for: 24 years

I was born in: Denver, Colorado

I drink my coffee/tea: Tea only, on the rocks- no sweetener!

My favorite kind of music: classical and, of course, all brass ensemble music

I almost gave up playing the trombone when: I took lessons from the beginning (5th grade) and was told I needed to practice 30 minutes a day. I once threw my horn down (oops!!) in frustration...fortunately for whatever reason that didn't end my playing. I think it was because I looked forward to seeing my teacher each week and would never want to let him down. He had a passion for music and the Trombone and we always got along really well. We had a great time playing duets over the years.

My profession: Psychologist

An unfulfilled dream of mine is to: really learn a foreign language(s) and be able to travel/live in those places extensively.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home