Friday, July 20, 2007

Jerry Porter

I hear from Jerry Porter once in awhile (former trumpet player extraordinare). I told him I never have to worry that he'll get into trouble because he keeps VERY busy. Here's what he writes:

In addition to my full-time job in public relations at Sun Health, I have a full professorship at Western International University and currently am teaching two marketing courses plus an independent study. I'm also co-chairman of the departments of Business, Public Administration, Health & Human Services and Supply Chain Management plus co-chair of the University Academic Council (comprised of all academic department heads).

Throw into this the fact I'm public- affairs officer and assistant aerospace education officer for cadets for Deer Valley Composite Squadron 302 of the U.S. Civil Air Patrol. I've been flying the past two Sunday afternoons and am scheduled to do so this Sunday afternoon checking for accidents, stalled vehicles, roadway debris, etc., along I-17 or Route 87 for ADOT. It certainly gets hot sitting in those non-air-conditioned single-engine planes for three hours while getting bounced around by heat thermals.

Whew! Makes me tired! If you see Jerry around on Sunday mornings make sure to say "hi."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home