Wednesday, June 04, 2008

My Brother Married a Beauty Queen


When I was growing up, the importance of beauty could be measured by looking at the heart. You never dress to draw attention to yourself. So we had a great time poking fun at the beauty pageants. It just seemed like a big show of outward appearances. But God can use anyone, in any situation, to accomplish His will.

Enter my brother, announcing to the family that his fiancee was Miss Idaho and they had met because she had a model and talent search company.

Shocking! My sister and I joked about writing a book called "My Brother Married a Beauty Queen" because it was SO far removed from our lives. My brother even told his fiancee that we didn't wear makeup and made our own clothes. I don't know what Amish farm he grew up on, it wasn't our house though.

Sheri Rose has had an amazing ministry in the last 20 plus years, to hurting women who have believed the lie that they are not beautiful. But to God, they are precious treasures. God has used her in a mighty way in that arena.

Last night on channel 15 (ABC) the Billy Graham Special aired, sorry I'm late. But it will air again on TBN. Click HERE for the schedule.

Or watch the preview HERE. (scroll up)

Sheri's ministry is His Princess

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home