Tuesday, December 12, 2006

The Show Must Go On



Here's a snipet of the latest action at church. Busy, busy, busy! You'll see the 6 flats that our painters completed are on the stage and ready to go. Georgia Dolph is posing in an action shot as she and I (Tammy) painted backgrounds on the flats to be used outdoors for the pre-service musicians. And last but not least, I captured the think-tank session between Don Baltzer and Kim Larson planning the lighting and technical aspects of the program. Don is our Director of Technology and I know you don't interface with him much on Sunday mornings but let me just tell you what a blessing it is to have him around. Don retired from Qwest a few years ago to live the cushy life until the Lord (with the help of Dave Walls) plucked him up and set him down at SBC. He grew up Mennonite Brethren (like me) in Oklahoma and just returned 2 days ago from laying his mother to rest. She was a great example of being a joyful believer and she has passed that on to Don. This will be his first Christmas without his mother and I haven't had to experience that yet but I'm sure it is rather poignant. If you run into Don this Christmas season you can offer him condolances and thank him for his many contributions to our ministry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home