Friday, March 16, 2007

1st Thessalonians 4--How Are You Doing?

I'm doing the best when I have the paper by my side. I guess maybe that's not too good but I'm coming along. We only had one verse this week but I can't remember which one. That's a big help isn't it? Originally, I seemed to see those green papers everywhere I looked--my bulletin board, nightstand, the center console of the car, my music folder, my desk at work, etc. Now, as luck would have it, the green paper's not anywhere in view. I will tell you this, though. I can really rattle off verses 16 and 17 because they're Awana verses. I sing verse 17 to the classic tune of "On Top of Spaghetti." (hailing back to the days of teaching public school music--I really stuck to the long-haired music)

The other thing I can tell you is we'd really like to have the choir and orchestra recite the whole passage in the service. We're looking at April 29th, even though it's the week after we finish chapter 4. That's because we're off the 2 Sundays when 1 Thessalonians 4 is being preached. Anyway, I'd really like to make it an antiphonal recitation where different sections of choir and orchestra stand and say different verses. It reminds me of that speech song we did in Romania or Argentina, I forget which one. That also means there's no slipping through the cracks because everyone on the platform would be exposed. Crikey! That sounds scary doesn't it? You blokes go ponder that one for awhile...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AAAACCCKKKK! Stand and say? in sections? AAAAAAAACCCCKKKKKKKK!

Do we HAVE to? (said like a child)

9:44 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Picture an antiphonal reading, reader's theater or the like. Time to "step out" as they've been saying in women's ministry. Besides, you're part of a group--they'll never see you up close. Your reputation won't be ruined.

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home