Thursday, March 22, 2007

Meet Michelle Mahowald


This Easter Sunday, we have the privilege of having Michelle Mahowald dance with us on "Amazing Grace." She moved here to take a position with Ballet Arizona and has been attending SBC. Brad Tritle's daughter, Aisha, also dances with Ballet Arizona and Brad introduced Michelle to us. We're thrilled that she wants to use her gifts to bless SBC. I want you to meet her and get acquainted before she arrives. Here's a short bio written by Michelle:

I began dancing at a very young age in Bloomington, MN at a studio called Continental Ballet. I studied classical ballet there until I left for Indiana University at the age of 18. After three years there earning a double major in Ballet Performance and English Literature, I decided to graduate early and began auditioning for several different ballet companies until I was offered a job in Phoenix with Ballet Arizona and decided to take it. Before I left for IU I was not a Christian. I danced to be the best and spent much of my time and physical and emotional energy being consumed with the idea of being the best dancer wherever I was. However, at IU I became a Christian and ever since then, God has used ballet to bring me closer and closer to Him. I no longer dance to impress others or to be the "best one," but I dance because it is a gift God has given me so that I may glorify Him through it. It is my prayer that I would reflect and share with others just a bit of God's beauty and incredible love through my dancing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home