Sunday, July 22, 2007

A Life of Worship

Greetings Fellow Blog-readers. Thought I would try my hand at something here which pushes my technical envelope. So here goes...

For those of you who may not be as familiar with me and my literary efforts of the past, I have been singing 2nd Soprano in the choir for about 10 years now. Along about 1998, God began tapping me with what felt like a sledge hammer, suggesting that in order for all musicians to be able to connect head and heart better in their worship leading, having devotionals based on the anthems we performed would be good way to make that connection. While I thought this a very good suggestion, I did remind the Lord to whom He was talking. After all I HATED English in college and actually failed my first term paper. He surely had much better options available to Him to accomplish the task. That being said, it was again strongly suggested to me that I pursue the writing and He would enable even a term paper flunkee.

Now all this background is a rather round about way of getting to the point. While writing the devotionals, I was approached by a new website launch for worship leaders to write a series of devotionals on the worship life. The deal was never realized, but the devotionals were written and have been gathering dust in my inbox for about 7 years now. So... what better venue to give them their public debut, especially in light of Tammy's and Joe's ongoing efforts to get us to rethink our roles and responsibilities as worship leaders.

Keep tuned in here and I will shortly start posting them. Hope they find value in your life as a leader.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

Thanks Kim--that's a great story! I didn't realize you were such a modern day Moses. Forging ahead in the very area where you thought you weren't qualified. And now look! I can't wait to read more of your writings. I don't know why I didn't think of inviting you sooner!

9:02 PM  
Blogger Seven's Heaven said...

I'm looking forward to your insights, or Godsights! God keeps gently nudging me lately in the area of worship. Guess I'm in need of an overhaul or at least a listening heart. Thanks for being willing to share. Susan Tuten

6:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home