Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Dave Dorsett

Well, you can tell I'm out of the loop. I just found out Dave Dorsett is moving to Tennessee on August 29th. This Sunday, the 19th, will be his last day at church. I'm going to miss Dave who showed up ridiculously early each and every rehearsal and Sunday morning. I've never in my life been that early for any event. All I can say is that he was such a big help on so many occasions for those frantic "last minute" tasks. He's moved many a table and plant for us in addition to passing fresh bulletins out to everyone and cheerfully greeting all of us groggy musicians.

And even though he'll be missed, I guess we'll consent to letting him go because it's for a good cause. Two years ago his daughter moved to TN and took on the challenge of building a girl's ranch for troubled girls. Dave and his wife are moving there to assist her in this mission. If you see Dave before he goes, wish him well! If you want to check out the project, you can click on the link below:

http://blessedassuranceranch.com/

We'll miss you, Dave!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave,
We sure will miss your smile, your gentle strength and your loving heart. May God bless you and your family on this great ministry. We will keep you in our prayers.

The Cooks

4:53 PM  
Blogger LauraK said...

Oh I had no idea... Dave, thank you for your dedicated service to the choir for all these years. Thanks for your cheerfulness and for your servant's heart. Please keep in touch with us!

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home