Sunday, August 12, 2007

Phoenix Rescue Mission Outreach




Sorry for the long delay in posting this week. I've been up to my eyeballs in cardboard boxes and packing tape getting ready for a move soon. However, I did take a bit of a break tonight and joined a small contingent of us choir-types for an evening of outreach at the Phoenix Rescue Mission.


Neville Verster, who I am now convinced is a latent powerful preacher, put together an excellent program for their Sunday chapel service. We sang quite a few of those wonderful old hymns born in the 19th century by Fanny Crosby, Harriet Beecher Stowe, etc. Neville told the stories behind the hymns and encourged the men in the congregation by having them read verses. I think the Holy Spirit was busy in that room.


It was really great to reconnect with friends in service. When the opportunity arises to do this again, I would highly recommend it.

1 Comments:

Blogger ... said...

Thank you for coming and participating at the Mission last summer. We welcome you and your voices back anytime...

God Bless!

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home