Thursday, July 26, 2007

The Treasure of Worship

Okay folks, here's the first entry on the Worship Life devotional series. Because the note-taking process during the blog training was cut short, I still haven't been able to figure out how to link to the second page. So in order to expedite the process, I'm posting it here in two segments. Just keep scrolling down to finish. (Sorry Tammy -- I'll get it next time!!) If anyone knows how to do it, call me -- please!! Enjoy -- Kim.

Read Deuteronomy 31:30 – 32:14 and Revelation 15:2-3

I have a box of mementos my mother saved for me, from the time I was born through college. She kept these treasures carefully hidden away, taking them out every now and then to look at, cherish and relive fond memories from the times of my youth. And when I had reached an age of maturity, she gave me that precious box and together, we pored over those treasures, laughing and crying, remembering and tracing my growth, seeing my development over the years.


God too has a “box of mementos” filled with the treasures of our worship of Him. These mementos are saved up from the time we are born in Him until we join Him in eternity. This box is also hidden away from our view. Perhaps every now and then, the Lord takes out our boxes to look at and to cherish all the special keepsakes of worship we have offered up to Him over the course of our lives. With great care, He has maintained these special keepsakes of worship. They are precious to Him, so much so, that He makes them a part of His eternal worship.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home