Saturday, July 12, 2008

Hind's Feet (?) on High Places

Well the first vacation report is in -- mine. I just got back from cool Colorado where the entire Texas/Arizona/Florida branches of the Clan Hannay Society met to celebrate my parents' 50th Anniversary. We had a great time riding the Durango-Silverton train, hiking and doing all of those essential mountain things (although no Sound of Music moments). And I made a few discoveries along the way: (1) I found out I can drive a car with bad tires up and down a windy mountain fire road successfully. Of course it helps immensely if you don't know the tires are bad until you get back down. (2) I stopped in on my property up there while I was in the neighborhood and met with a well driller to see about getting development started. There I discovered that I have the "gift" of "water witching." Now before you get concerned about the term and what it means, there is apparently a scientific base to this which involves electromagnetic fields. I don't fully understand it, but maybe one of you science-types can explain it to me. It was really an amazing experience. I thought that willow branch was going to complete scrape up my hands when we found the water. In any case, it appears God is going to bless me with water where we thought there was none, at least for a short well. We actually found an underground stream at about 60 feet deep only 10 feet off the road. Yippee!! We all had a great time and plan on doing it again next year.

Below are some pictures from my trip. I'll be looking for your reports and pictures to show up soon.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home