Friday, March 23, 2007

Put On Your Easter Bonnet

NOT!! Unless you're fixin' to do it after church. I'm on my way to a field trip with second grade and I really want to expound on Easter but I don't have time right now. What I will say really quickly is that I'd like the orchestra to wear all black on Easter. I know, I know, this really shoots your new Easter dress idea. Choir, I'd like white tops and black bottoms. Men can wear white long-sleeved shirts and ties. Women can wear black pants or skirts with their white tops. I know, I know, this is not Easterish and could be conceived as maudlin for the resurrection. I can hear all the complaints already. Believe it or not, there are several specific reasons. Think of it this way (this is a classic Bob Hamilton story that I love):

We're all brick layers. We each have a brick that we place on a tower. Each brick by itself is a boring piece of nothing. However, when everyone arranges their bricks together it forms a beautiful tower. Your boring black and white clothing is the brick you'll be placing on the Easter tower. Remember the YouTube video? It's not about you. The reason for the black and white is to unite the many pieces of the puzzle--Easter decor, big screen video, dancer, etc. Don't forget you're a bricklayer now and stay tuned for Easter details...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home