Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Oh Cripes, I'm Soooo Far Behind!

Sorry for the dead space here, folks. I have a list as long as my arm of items to post on this blog. I don't even know where to start. I should back up to Good Friday and say it was fabulous (thanks Kim Larson!). I have a couple of snapshots of the charcoal drawings and some more details I'll post ASAP. Next, I've watched parts of the Easter service on DVD several times. My hands-down favorite part is "Amazing Grace." It was amazing!! Hopefully you all got to see a glimpse of Michelle dancing because it was beautiful. I watched it all morning and I choked back tears each time. It not only looked good but the choir and orchestra sounded good, too! I'm hoping to run the DVD again before rehearsal on April 18th so you can all see it. The sound on the DVD is never as good as live but you'll get the idea. Oh, I have to say that the clothing looked great too! I'm not just saying that because I picked it and want to rub it in. Remember the brick laying story? The combination of orchestra in black and choir in white along with the purple-gold-white banners was stunning. If people didn't get the celebratory nature of our risen Savior, they need to go on some medication or something! Stay tuned for more details of life as we know it after Easter. BTW, are you a Monday or a Thursday Christian this week?

PS I was ready to push the upload button on YouTube to put part of Amazing Grace on there for everyone to see. However, when it came to agreeing to the terms of usage, I couldn't in good conscience click "yes" because you're not supposed to broadcast music videos and music concerts without special permission. Bummer!

PPS About the black and white--you shouldn't feel slighted in the fashion category for having to wear these colors. If you've been to the mall lately, you'll realize that you weren't a drab, somber Easter display--you were a high fashion statement in your black and white!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home