Friday, April 06, 2007

Amazing Grace!

Awhile back I posted the bio and picture of Michelle Mahowald--our guest dancer on "Amazing Grace." Wasn't she fabulous? Did you get to glance at her out of the corner of your eye during rehearsal? I was watching from the back and the whole thing was stunning! Her movements are completely breathtaking--and I don't think it's just me. I've heard others make the same comment from Wednesday night. There's always something intangibly special about seeing full-time professionals in their element. Her very presence was so moving that even though I was far away I could sense so much feeling in her movements. Not to forget---the choir and orchestra sounded great too! Believe me, that's no small feat what with all the sound problems we've had the last couple of months. Our sound company has been working day and night (literally) to complete the installation of the new driver and amps. Did you notice our temporary speaker stacks were absent on Wednesday night? I have only one thing to say about that--"YAHOO!" They're so ugly and would really destroy the decor we're using. Not to mention, I'm sure the permanent speakers sound much better. The sound people are grousing a bit because they'd like more time to tune the system but I'm sure it will be better than what we've had in awhile. And don't forget..."Twas grace that taught my heart to sing, Twas grace my fears relieved." We probably need to remember these phrases at around 7:00 this Sunday morning!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home