Tuesday, August 21, 2007

GOING SOLO with Daniel Pincu, Flute

Editor's Note: To say that Daniel is crazy about the flute is an understatement! In addition to SBC, he is a member of several performing groups including the Musician Enrichment Foundation Flute Ensemble; Alla Breve, the Arizona Flute Society's choir; and the Paradise Valley Community College flute choir. He recently was invited to to join Mesa Community College's flute ensemble as well.

For the past two summers he has studied in North Carolina with international flute star Goran Marcusson. Two weeks ago he attended the National Flute Association's annual convention in New Mexico.


The best part of all of this flute mania? "I get to meet so many people from all over the world and build lasting friendships with them" he says, "so that wherever we go and meet, we can greet each other with a smile of joy."

I’ve been in the SBC Orchestra for: 4 years. I joined right after the orchestra and choir returned from the mission trip to Romania.

My instrument is: flute


If I hadn’t chosen the flute, I probably would have played the: guitar


Most people have no idea that I: am the Vice President of the Arizona Flute Society


My favorite worship or praise song is: Alleluia, He is Risen


My perfect pizza is topped with: ham, pepperoni, and pineapple


My family consists of: Ramona (my wife), me (her husband), mom (my mother)


My life verse is: Psalm 50:1--The Mighty One, God, the LORD, speaks and summons the earth from the rising of the sun to the place where it sets.


I’ve lived in AZ for: 20 years


I was born in: the city of Resita, Romania


I drink my coffee: with milk and sugar; tea with sugar and lemon


My favorite kind of music: classical


I almost gave up playing the flute when: never; I play it every day.


My profession: Information Technology


An unfulfilled dream of mine is to: play Gabriel’s Oboe on flute (yeah, make that Gabriel’s Flute!)

Editor's Note: Daniel bumped into former SBC flutist Maria Harman at the national flute convention--she is now pursuing her doctorate in flute performance after completing her master's this past year. You may recall that she also is an accomplished violist!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home