Friday, October 12, 2007

The Holy Spirit is our Worship Leader

In the last few years, there has been much discussion about WORSHIP coming out in our every day lives. Like Kim so wonderfully challenged us in the previous post. That really is a life-changing mindset. To worship the God of creation in all we do, wherever we are, whomever we are with. As in Deuteronomy, loving Him with all our heart, mind , soul and strength.

Romans 12:1 says "I urge you therefore brethren by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual act of worship." And in John 4 it talks about God seeking worshipers who worship in spirit and in truth.

The Holy Spirit is our true Worship Leader! When we give Him the power, He rises up and praises the Almighty God from within us! What an awesome experience. The Spirit is our Teacher (John 14:26), He is our Revealer (Romans 8:2) and He transforms us (2 Cor. 3:18. It is the Spirit who gives life (John 6:63) and the flesh profits nothing! But our fleshly beings get in the way. We are spirit and flesh and we have to CHOOSE how to walk.

So back to living a LIFE of WORSHIP, what we are truly doing is living a LIFE of the SPIRIT within us!. Choosing to give the spirit control in our everyday lives. How much easier to worship Him when we give Him control! And how much more we please Him and hear His voice and know His peace.

Something else that has been inkling down in my very soul, is the talk about MUSIC not being the only way to WORSHIP. Well, yes I know that is true. We worship Him in all we do, and in the fellowship of the saints, we read the Word, give our tithes, spend time in prayer. All those things are our offering of worship. But after doing this searching in my soul about giving the Spirit control of my everyday life, I realized that the power of music cannot be matched. The power of music reaches down to my very soul like nothing in this world can. Whether I am singing, playing or listening, it moves me very deeply when I have given the Spirit control. And even when I haven't, I think my soul remembers and is urged to surrender.

Allow God to take center stage this week and give over your flesh to the control of the Spirit.
Susan Tuten
(Alex and I will miss you all this next month as our family will be in CA. I am always lifted up and nurtured in my spirit when I am with you! See you at Thanksgiving.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home