Monday, October 22, 2007

Smoky CA

Emma (10) took this cool picture from the car window as the smoke blends in with the blue.

Greetings Choir and Orchestra, from Smoky Southern California.

The Tuten family is vacationing in lovely, brown Oceanside! It has been a strange start to our week. After last week was so good with the Doan and Krell family. We all had beach front units and could gather and play on the sand, build sandcastles, play baseball and sticky ball. And end the evening singing to Keegan's guitar with the waves crashing as accompaniment. It was a wonderful week.

Please lift up in prayer all those effected by these horrific fires over here. I think 14 at last count. Over 20,000 acres. Evacuees filling a football stadium. We are just a tiny bit north of the newest evacuation order. Legoland was not even a possibility today! And I'm glad. I wrote about our day driving north to get out of the smoke, on my blog if you're a glutton for punishment!

The kids are sleeping soundly, as I sip my hot lemon tea. Trying to swallow is difficult because we have the windows open to the smoke. Too warm to close them.

God knows what is needed. I pray for His great intervention, for those poor souls who have lost material possessions. I pray they have found something greater in the midst of the fire. To those sick ones who were evacuated from their comfy hospital beds, may they find comfort again.

O Lord, be here in the fire. Guide the workers, giving them strength and endurance to do the job. And give supernatural aid in this difficult time. For what is man that You are mindful of him? You even care for the smallest sparrow, so I know You care for me.


"For You are our helper and strength, a very present help in trouble."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home